Across Facebook various "races" are springing up. Why, I have no idea. The idea of "The Great Facebook Race" is to beat the opposing teams to a pre-determined number of members.
One Facebook Race which interested me is the political race between the three main parties, with a target number of members of 5,000.
I encourage you to join the Conservative group if you are on facebook already, and to sign up to facebook and then join the group if you are not!
Also, please feel free to "friend" me on facebook!
Currently the race stands as follows: UPDATE 26/5:
I think it's safe to call an end to it, even though no-one has reached the 5,000 mark, and claim a large Conservative victory - since we have nearly double the number of members as Labour's group has. I've got to say I'm surprised at how close the Lib Dems were to Labour, though!
Conservatives: 2,475 members
Lib Dems: 1,043 members
Labour: 1,298 members
UKIP: 55 members
SNP / Plaid Cymru / Mebyon Kernow: 147 members
I have also made a button that can be displayed on a blog or website to support us in our Facebook race (just copy the html below) :
17 April 2007
Political Facebook Race
Posted by
ThunderDragon
@
2:06 pm






























