The ThunderDragon has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, please visit
http://thethunderdragon.co.uk
and update your bookmarks/blogroll.

10 August 2007

Boycott ID Card Contract Winners

ID cards are just wrong. I don't want my life reduced to a piece of plastic. The contracts for companies to provide services towards the creation of the ID card scheme went out to tender yesterday. So today I signed this pledge [quoted below] not to use the services of companies who win the contracts. In fact, like Tim Worstall, I might even avoid any who even apply for them if I possibly can.

"I will boycott any company that wins a contract to deliver the National ID card. but only if 500 other people will do the same."
...
The plan for a National Identity Card scheme is an invasive threat to privacy and yet will achieve nothing.
Today the Government announced that contracts to supply computer equipment and manage the application and issuing of cards have been put out to tender.
A boycott of a company's services -- for example changing phone and internet provider from BT to another firm -- is a simple way to make them think twice about whether they want the job.
Sign up here.

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to New Blogger by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro
Extensively edited for this blog by ThunderDragon
eXTReMe Tracker