The ThunderDragon has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, please visit
http://thethunderdragon.co.uk
and update your bookmarks/blogroll.

08 August 2007

New Blue Tory Tree Logo

The Conservative logo is a bit of a chameleon, it appears.

"A year after the squiggly logo was unveiled to snorts of outrage from the party's old guard, it has lost its environmentally-friendly green leaves.
The sudden colour change comes as Mr Cameron fights to restore his authority from a series of attacks on his "touchy-feely" leadership style by Right-wingers...
The scribbled outline of an oak tree, representing stability and strength, remains but projected onto it was an image of a blue sky, with a fluffy cloud and a glint of sunlight." (Daily Mail)
Apparently, however, it was always intended to change colours from time to time. A party official said:
"It is a very flexible design which, like the London Olympics logo, can be used as a shape to display any number of background images. For our spring conference, it was adapted to show an image of spring blossom. At other times it has shown green leaves."
I'm really don't think that comparison to the cartoon porn 2012 London Olympics logo was a good idea, though - that logo has been rounded criticised and is terrible. The idea of an adaptable logo is quite good, though. Even if it does open the possibility for attacks along the lines of shifting and elasticity of principles along with the logo.

I rather like the new blue tree logo. In fact, I prefer it to the "standard" one. I certainly wasn't a great fan of the tree logo when it was first unveiled, but it has grown on me a bit. It's put down roots, so to speak [ok, no more tree jokes]. I'm not convinced by the "blue sky thinking" idea that seems to have been incorporated into it but, were the clouds removed, it would be a far superior logo for the Conservative Party. Even as it is, I prefer it to the standard one.

Sources: ConservativeHome, Daily Mail

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to New Blogger by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro
Extensively edited for this blog by ThunderDragon
eXTReMe Tracker