The ThunderDragon has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, please visit
http://thethunderdragon.co.uk
and update your bookmarks/blogroll.

26 August 2007

No Longer A Student

I am now no longer a student. I had to quit writing my Masters dissertation because I was severely stressed, behind, and not enjoying it. Which is a great pity. I have moved away from University and am now back living with my parents, and looking for work.

It is a strange feeling no longer being able to refer to myself as a student. For four years I have lived at uni, and it became where I referred to as "home". But not for any longer. Now I am an ex-student, and join the burgeoning ranks of those searching for work. No longer being a student is going to require a shift in thinking.

I didn't want to move back in with my parents, back lacking a job and in the crippling financial situation created by being a postgraduate student for the last year - since it lacks any Student Loan support - has financially destroyed me and left me with no choice.

Applying to jobs has been pretty soul-destroying so far. Every application is almost absurdly long, and asks inane questions such as "tell us about a time when you have done customer services" and the like. Completely and utterly inane. However, there is no choice.

Image: Ian Parker

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to New Blogger by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro
Extensively edited for this blog by ThunderDragon
eXTReMe Tracker