Whilst writing a post [to be published later] I wondered what my first political memory was. Thinking back, I can remember something about Margaret Thatcher - but considering I was 5 when she was deposed, I think it's more likely that that is a memory I have inserted rather than actually remember.
The first thing I can clearly remember is when John Major resigned in 1995 and stood in the subsequent leadership election [annoyingly I can't find a video of this]. This was when I first became interested in politics, though my interest soon died away after the end of the leadership contest as I soon found something else more interesting, being just ten years old at the time. The next solid political memory I have is of the 1997 general election and Tony Blair walking to 10 Downing Street with that annoying song "Things Can Only Get Better" blaring out in the background.
Since this is could actually be interesting to read what other blogger's first political memory is, I think I'll make it into a meme. So I'm going to tag Graachi, Matt Wardman, Garbo, Shane Greer, Arleen Ouzounian, Norfolk Blogger, Ordovicius, DuSanne, and anyone else who wants to, to blog about their first political memory.






























