This demonstrates just one of the reasons why I am against guns being freely available to anyone, for any reason. Gun control is essential in a modern society. Guns don't kill people themselves, but they are used to kill people - and do that job extremely easily.
I certainly wouldn't feel safer with a gun or with all police officers being armed - if the police have guns, the criminals then need them too. Gun crime may be on the rise in Britain, but it certainly isn't anywhere near the level of that in America. In Hertfordshire, the last time a policeman fired a gun in anger was about 1985 - the year I was born.
Guns breed guns. If people have guns, criminals need them too. If they don't, few criminals have them. And then there are fewer guns around, so fewer shots get fired, and fewer people die.
07 October 2007
Guns
Posted by
ThunderDragon
@
9:46 pm
Labels: Law and Order, Opinion






























