The ThunderDragon has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, please visit
http://thethunderdragon.co.uk
and update your bookmarks/blogroll.

16 April 2008

Pope Ashamed Of Paedophile Priests

The Pope has declared that he is "profoundly ashamed" by sexual abuse performed by priests, saying:

Paedophiles will be completely excluded from the priesthood. It is more important to have good priests than many priests.
If I read the stories of the victims, I find it difficult to understand how priests can have betrayed their mission to bring holiness in this way, to bring the love of God to children.
Well I should think so too. He certainly couldn't be proud of or even accept them. And neither can he ignore this huge issue, as evidenced by his U-turn over discussing an issue previously declared to be "closed".

But that the Catholic Church have sexual abuse insurance seems to show that they know and accept that it could - or maybe even will - happen.

You also have to wonder who thought that the light-switch in the image on the right [via FAIL Blog] was a good idea, and whether or not they were a Catholic priest.

And now I'm just waiting for the next announcement from the Church of England in the continuation of the Battle of the Churches...

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to New Blogger by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro
Extensively edited for this blog by ThunderDragon
eXTReMe Tracker