This is a horrendous crime, killing someone, anyone, over something as trivial as a parking space! I mean, a parking space! No matter how crowded the area, however many cars and few spaces, how on earth could this lead to a murder? Terrible indeed.
The woman who was shot dead has been called "pregnant" in pretty much all of the headlines. She was, however, only six weeks pregnant. That does not count. Six weeks is not long enough. At that stage it's still easy enough to make a mistake over whether or not she actually is pregnant, and to naturally miscarry. However, that qualifier has still been used by pretty much all of the newspapers, some without even mentioning the fact that she was only six weeks along. Without that snippet, I doubt that this crime would have got the press coverage it has.
What this does show is that a parking space seems to be prized higher than a human life - or even two (though at six weeks, I doubt the killer knew). This isn't good. But I completely fail to understand how a row over a parking space could possibly lead to murder. A fist fight, maybe, if the two combatants are sufficiently wound up, but even that is a ridiculous overreaction.
Why, and how, could something as simple as a parking space cause such reactions in people? There must be parking spaces within at least walking distance! Maybe this tragedy will lead to more parking spaces being created by councils to prevent it happening again. Maybe.
I just can't help but keep thinking why? It's only a parking space, for crying out loud!
Sources: BBC, The Times, The Telegraph, The Guardian
07 April 2007
'Pregnant' Woman Shot Dead Over A Parking Space
Posted by
ThunderDragon
@
11:55 am






























