The ThunderDragon has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, please visit
http://thethunderdragon.co.uk
and update your bookmarks/blogroll.

23 September 2007

My Political Influences

I have been tagged by Norfolk Blogger to do this latest meme on political influences. It must be in retaliation for me tagging him with the first political memory meme I started! [I'm going to follow the meme round and post a summary of the replies soon - if you haven't done it and are reading this, consider yourself tagged!]

This is a hard one to do. Political influences are wide and varied, and many have an impact, but only in certain areas. A lot of my political ideology is developed from lots of bits and pieces, mixed together and developed in my own unique way. So, in no particular order:

John Stuart Mill - democratic, liberal thinker.

Benjamin Disraeli - former Prime Minister, creator of the modern Conservative Party

Enoch Powell - I wrote my undergraduate dissertation on him

Ann Widdecombe - feisty, common-sense politician

Edmund Burke - a philosophical founder of conservatism
For this one, I will tag: Bel, Ruthie, Monkey with a blue rosette, Ian Appleby, and Fabian Tassano.

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to New Blogger by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro
Extensively edited for this blog by ThunderDragon
eXTReMe Tracker